Dear Friends of Laguna Creek,
Would you consider making a donation to our watershed council? The Tuesday after Thanksgiving is Giving Tuesday, a day celebrated around the world that focuses on making contributions to charitable organizations and community non-profits.
The LCWC has worked for over 10 years to protect and enhance the many benefits of Laguna Creek and surrounding waterways. We have:
- Responded to the concerns of 1000s of individuals about the clear cutting of reaches of Laguna Creek near Bond and Elk Grove Florin Roads. We had multiple meetings with the City of Elk Grove and thanks to everyone’s support, the City is now developing a Creek Corridor Management Plan and will rehabilitate the damaged reaches,
- Worked with community residents, churches, and high school students to hold creek clean-ups each year,
- Sponsored family-oriented Cruise the Creek events, constructed and installed bird/duck boxes, and educated community members about the wildlife that frequents our local waterways,
- Provided input to Elk Grove on multiple development projects, in an effort to make them creek-friendly, and
- Hosted educational events on river friendly landscaping and green gardening.
Future plans include:
- Updating our website and improving outreach and educational opportunities for watershed residents and teachers and their students,
- Applying for grants to undertake restoration projects along important reaches of the Laguna and neighboring creeks, and
- Continuing to work with community partners, local schools, and local municipalities, especially the City of Elk Grove, to protect and enhance our local creeks.
Our creek corridors provide outstanding recreational opportunities right in our neighborhoods as well as valuable habitat for wildlife. Your financial support can help us continue to serve as advocates for our local creeks. Please make a donation of any size here: